Anslem (1033-1109) was an archbishop of Canterbury who is noted for his invention of the ontological argument for God's existence (in his Proslogian) and his classical formulation of a doctrine of the atonement that sees Christ's sacrifice as providing satisfaction for human sin.
Anselm was a follower of Augustine and continued the tradition of "faith seeking understanding."1
1. C.Stephen Evans, Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002), p. 10.
Saturday, September 27, 2008
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- Featured Apologetics Resource: Apologetics Videos,...
- John Lennox vs. Michael Shermer: The Great Debate ...
- Sunday Quote: Pascal on Truth
- Historical Apologist: Anselm
- William Lane Craig's Rebuttal to the West Wing MP3...
- Michael Licona vs Ali Ataie Debate MP3 Audio: Was ...
- See the Movie Fireproof
- Conversational Apologetics MP3 Audio by Michael Ra...
- Did Jesus Really Rise from the Dead - Gary Haberma...
- Wayne Grudem's Systematic Theology - MP3 Audio
- Reasons to Trust the Scriptures by Norman Geisler ...
- Douglas Groothuis Reviews Christopher Hitchens' Go...
- Five Questions Evolutionists Would Rather Dodge by...
- Three Articles on Darwinism from dissentfromdarwin...
- The Dawkins Confusion - by Alvin Plantinga
- Sunday Quote: Charles Hodge on the Gospel
- Historical Apologist: Francis Schaeffer
- William Lane Craig vs James Crossley Debate MP3 Au...
- Abortion Resources - Defend the Unborn
- Featured Website: Manawatu Christian Apologetics S...
- Doubts About Darwin: MP3 Audio by Dr. Tom Woodward...
- A Case for Apologetics
- Antony Flew Reviews The God Delusion
- Reader Response: Your Top 3 Apologetics Books
- Featured Podcast: Probe Ministries
- The Fruits of Atheism - MP3 Audio
- J.P. Holding Critiques Bill Maher's Religulous
- ▼ September (27)