Irenaeus (c. 130-200) was a church father who wrote in Greek against the Gnostic heresies of the day. Irenaeus is known for his argument that Christ came to actualize all those perfections that God had intended humans to have but that were lost through the sin of Adam and Eve. He is also known for having inspired a "soul-making" theodicy, which justifies suffering as part of the process whereby humans hecome all they can be.1
1. C.Stephen Evans, Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002), p. 62.
Saturday, October 04, 2008
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- John Lennox on Peter Singer's Utiliatrianism MP3 A...
- Intelligent Design MP3 Audio by William Dembski an...
- Frank Turek MP3 - I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be ...
- The Problem of Evil MP3 Audio by Mardi Keyes
- Is Richard Dawkins Still Evolving? - An Article
- Featured Website: Theology Network
- The Dawkins Letters by David Robertson Online
- Apologetics Topics Audio Interviews MP3
- Historical Apologist: Cornelius Van Til
- Dawkins and Lennox continue the debate...
- Interview with John Lennox MP3 Audio
- Historical Apologist: Tertullian
- Are There Objective Truths About God? - William La...
- Religulous Movie Reviews MP3 Audio
- Sunday Quote: Van Til on Science
- Historical Apologist: Origen
- Top 10 Myths About Evolution
- Battle for the Beginning Podcast MP3 Audio by Joh...
- Hitchens vs Turek Debate MP3 Audio
- Reflections on Auschwitz
- Sunday Quote: Spurgeon on Authority
- Historical Apologist: Irenaeus
- Richard Dawkins and John Lennox Conversation MP3 A...
- 26 Quotes from Scientists Regarding Design of the ...
- The Certainty of God's Existence - MP3 Audio by Jo...
- ▼ October (25)