Origen (c. 185-254) was a church father in the Alexandrian church whose writings show the influence of Plato. One of the first apologists for Christianity, Origen held some views later considered unorthodox, including a belief in the preexistence of human souls (though not reincarnation). He also taught a doctrine of eventual universal salvation and developed a theory of the allegorical interpretation of Scripture.1
1. C.Stephen Evans, Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002), p. 86.
Saturday, October 11, 2008
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- John Lennox on Peter Singer's Utiliatrianism MP3 A...
- Intelligent Design MP3 Audio by William Dembski an...
- Frank Turek MP3 - I Don't Have Enough Faith To Be ...
- The Problem of Evil MP3 Audio by Mardi Keyes
- Is Richard Dawkins Still Evolving? - An Article
- Featured Website: Theology Network
- The Dawkins Letters by David Robertson Online
- Apologetics Topics Audio Interviews MP3
- Historical Apologist: Cornelius Van Til
- Dawkins and Lennox continue the debate...
- Interview with John Lennox MP3 Audio
- Historical Apologist: Tertullian
- Are There Objective Truths About God? - William La...
- Religulous Movie Reviews MP3 Audio
- Sunday Quote: Van Til on Science
- Historical Apologist: Origen
- Top 10 Myths About Evolution
- Battle for the Beginning Podcast MP3 Audio by Joh...
- Hitchens vs Turek Debate MP3 Audio
- Reflections on Auschwitz
- Sunday Quote: Spurgeon on Authority
- Historical Apologist: Irenaeus
- Richard Dawkins and John Lennox Conversation MP3 A...
- 26 Quotes from Scientists Regarding Design of the ...
- The Certainty of God's Existence - MP3 Audio by Jo...
- ▼ October (25)