Sunday, April 26, 2009
"Evolution, whether cosmic or biological, cannot — logically cannot! — be a theory of ultimate origins of existence or order, precisely because its operations always presuppose the prior existence of certain entities with specific potential behaviors, as well as of an environment of some specific kind that operates upon those entities in some specifically ordered (law-governed) fashion, to determine which ones are allowed to survive and reproduce. Let us quite generally state: any sort of evolution of order of any kind will always presuppose pre-existing order and pre-existing entities governed by it. It follows as a simple matter of logic that not all order evolved. Given the physical world — and however much of evolution it may or may not contain — there is or was some order in it which did not evolve. However it may have originated (if it originated), that order did not evolve, for it was the condition of any evolution at all occurring. We come here upon a logically insurpassable limit to what evolution, however it may be understood, can accomplish."
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- James White Critiques Dan Barker's Debates
- The Missing Gospels MP3 Audio Interview
- Scientists, Philosophers, Historians & Apologists ...
- Book Review: A Rulebook for Arguments by Anthony W...
- Sunday Quote: Dallas Willard on Evolution
- Does God Have to Obey the 10 Commandments? - by Gr...
- Todd Friel Interviews Christopher Hitchens MP3 Aud...
- Plantinga's Evolutionary Argument Against Naturali...
- A Brief Historical Critique of the Zeitgeist Movie...
- European Leadership Forum One Month Away
- Featured Podcast: Straight Thinking
- Sunday Quote: Os Guinness on Doubt
- Dinesh D'Souza vs. Peter Singer Debate: Can There ...
- Is God Necessary for Morality? William Lane Craig ...
- New Atheism by Norman Geisler MP3 Audio
- A Critique of Bart Ehrman's Jesus Interrupted by B...
- Wayne Grudem's Christian Essentials MP3 Audio Reso...
- Problems of Evil by Douglas Geivett MP3 Audio
- Sunday Quote: B.B. Warfield on the Resurrection
- Evidence for the Resurrection of Christ by Peter K...
- Easter and the Resurrection MP3 Audio
- Against Materialism by Alvin Plantinga MP3 Audio
- Habermas, Flew & Wright Dialogue MP3 Audio
- Apologetics Teaching Series MP3 Audio
- Christopher Hitchens vs William Lane Craig Debate ...
- Gary Habermas and Tim Keller Audio Interviews
- Sunday Quote: John Stott on the Resurrection
- The Case For Objective Moral Values MP3 Audio by P...
- Dan Barker vs. Douglas Wilson Debate MP3 Audio
- Does the God of Christianity Exist and Does it Mat...
- The Moral Argument for God's Existence MP3 Audio b...
- ▼ April (31)
- ► 2008 (219)