Here are three books to check out during your summer reading. These are chosen because they are quick and unique reads that are sure to be enlightening and helpful. The first is John Lennox's God's Undertaker: Has Science Buried God? As a mathematician and philosopher of science, Lennox brings a unique perspective to the so-called conflict between science and religion. He covers areas such as the scope and limits of science, the design of the universe, the origin of life, the genetic code, and the origin of information. This is highly recommended reading from a man who has had one, two, three debates with Richard Dawkins and two with Christopher Hitchens.
The next book to check out this summer is 5 Minute Apologist by Dr. Rick Cornish. This book is split into 100 bite-sized chapters that could be read in around 5 minutes each (hence the title). The idea here is obviously not to go deep into each subject, but to give a broad overview of the numerous areas that apologetics touches. The chapters run the gamut from the Bible and worldviews to the resurrection, science, miracles, and world religions. This is a handy little book that gives a lot of good answers and a good outline of the apologetics landscape.
The third book is Pastor David Robertson's notorious The Dawkins Letters: Challenging Atheist Myths. Again, a quick and easy read, but very good content that deals with the main themes of Dawkins' God Delusion. Based upon open letters to Dawkins which found their way into the spotlight, this is a good recommendation because of its easy-to-read style and lucid and commonsense approach. You can check out a talk by David Robertson here. Read chapters online here.
Happy reading. Go ahead and offer your summer reading recommendations.
Saturday, June 06, 2009
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- 100 Christian Apologists
- Sunday Quote: John Polkinghorne on Fine-Tuning
- Objective Moral Values Q&A with Ravi Zacharias MP3...
- Apologetics 315 Audio Junkie Feed
- Signature in the Cell MP3 Audio by Stephen Meyer
- Fatherhood and Atheism: Paul Vitz Interview MP3 Au...
- John Lennox Apologetics Audio MP3s
- All About Atheism: An Extensive Guide
- Apologetics Interview with Norman Geisler MP3 Audi...
- Where is God in Failure? MP3 Audio by William Lane...
- Follow Apologetics 315 on Twitter
- Resources for Better Public Speaking
- The Importance of Defending the Faith MP3 by Charl...
- SBTS Conference Audio Resources
- Sunday Quote: Ravi Zacharias on the Problem of Evi...
- Historical Apologists: MP3 Audio by Mike Reeves
- Reaching Out to Muslims MP3 Audio by Keith Small
- Atheism: Simply Lack of Belief in God? MP3 Audio b...
- Dead Sea Scrolls MP3 Audio by Probe
- Featured Podcast: Peter S. Williams
- Introduction to Worldviews: Greg Bahnsen MP3 Audio...
- Sunday Quote: J.P. Moreland on God's Existence
- 3 Apologetics Books for Summer Reading
- Why Am I A Christian? MP3 Audio by James White
- Richard Dawkins and John Lennox: Has Science Burie...
- The Veracity of the New Testament MP3 Audio by Gar...
- 5 Reasons God Exists MP3 Audio by William Lane Cra...
- Phil Fernandes vs. Eddie Tabash Debate: Does God E...
- ▼ June (28)
- ► 2008 (219)