Joe Carter, online editor of First Things magazine and author of How to Argue Like Jesus: Learning Persuasion from History's Greatest Communicator. He talks about the the use of arguments (and how Jesus used them), the importance of rhetoric for the communicator (and Aristotle's framework), the difference between persuasion and manipulation, the proper use of emotion, using imagery and idiom, rhetoric vs. sophistry, making messages more memorable, Jesus as a debater, elements of discipleship, and more. The website for the book is here.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here. (34 min)
Monday, November 22, 2010
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- Apologist Interview: James Sire
- Sunday Quote: Peter Kreeft on Arguments
- Christmas Apologetics Resources
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/19 - 11/26)
- Philosopher Jay Richards on The Grand Design
- Top 5 Books for Christmas Giving
- Arguments for God's Existence MP3 by Peter Kreeft
- Author Interview: Joe Carter
- Sunday Quote: G.K. Chesterton on Evils
- Does the Universe Have a Purpose? Audio Debate
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/12 - 11/19)
- The Reason for God DVD / Study Guide Review
- Does the Universe Have a Purpose? Debate Video
- Introduction to Intelligent Design Theory MP3
- The Questions Christians Hope No One Will Ask: by ...
- Biochemist Interview: Michael Behe
- Sunday Quote: Antony Flew on Belief
- Book Review: Conversational Evangelism by David an...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/05 - 11/12)
- Tactics in Defending the Faith: DVD Review
- The Worldviews of Great Scientists by Henry Fritz ...
- Are the New Testament Gospels Reliable?
- Apologist Interview: Michael Licona
- Sunday Quote: Pascal on Our Ultimate Objective
- Book Review: The Apologetics of Jesus by Norman Ge...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/29 - 11/05)
- The 7 Laws of Apologetics MP3 by Wes Moore
- New Book on the Resurrection of Jesus
- Biola Distance Certificate in Apologetics: Review ...
- Apologist Interview: David K. Clark
- ▼ November (30)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)