Paul L. Maier, the Russell H. Seibert Professor of Ancient History at Western Michigan University and a much-published author of both scholarly and popular works. He talks about his background as an historian, the existence of Jesus, his debate with Dan Barker, the pagan myth accusation, ancient sources for the life of Jesus, the historicity of the first Christmas, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (47 min).
Dr. Maier's books include:
Eusebius: The Church History
• In the Fullness of Time: A Historian Looks at Christmas, Easter, and the Early Church
The Flames of Rome: A Novel
• The Very First Christmas
Monday, December 13, 2010
- ► 2014 (140)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (392)
- 2010 Year in Review for Apologetics315
- Apologetics Ministries to Support
- Responses to Notable Skeptics
- Teacher Interview: Mark Eckel
- Sunday Quote: Paul L. Maier on Jesus
- Merry Christmas from Apologetics 315!
- Assessing Mysticism by Doug Groothuis MP3 Audio
- Apologist Interview: Lindsay Brooks
- Sunday Quote: C.S. Lewis on Naturalism
- Saddleback's Annual Apologetics Weekend: Who is Je...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/10 - 12/17)
- Scientism by Lee Strobel MP3 Audio
- Christmas GiveAway Winners
- Christmas GiveAway: 3 Apologetics Books
- EPS Apologetics Conference Audio Online
- Historian Interview: Paul L. Maier
- Sunday Quote: Nick Pollard on Worldviews
- Books Not Reviewed This Year
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/03 - 12/10)
- 7 Lectures from Isms Interactive
- Apologetics Book Review Index
- Three Problems of Evil by Peter S. Williams
- Apologist Interview: Holly Ordway
- Sunday Quote: James Sire on Worldviews
- Book Review: The Grand Design by Stephen Hawking a...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/26 - 12/03)
- Review: Accessible Apologetics Curriculum
- Ravi Zacharias and John Lennox Discuss Stephen Haw...
- Do Atheists Ever Become Christians? MP3 Audio
- ▼ December (29)
- ► 2009 (337)
- ► 2008 (219)