Jay Richards, program director of the Discovery Institute's Center for Science and Culture. (articles by Jay here) He talks about the use of intelligent design arguments in Christian apologetics, understanding the limits of arguments, removing obstacles to the Gospel, "God must have done it" caricatures, the Privileged Planet thesis, the factors needed for a life-sustaining planet, the overlap between the conditions for life and the conditions for discovery, the materialistic worldview and the Copernican principle, pre-Copernican cosmology, earth-like exoplanets, design and constrained optimization, the importance of the moon for life and for science, the benefit of philosophical tools for apologetics, advice for apologists, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here. (35 min)
Jay Richards' books include:
• God and Evolution
• The Privileged Planet: How Our Place in the Cosmos is Designed for Discovery
• Unapologetic Apologetics: Meeting the Challenges of Theological Studies
• The Untamed God: A Philosophical Exploration of Divine Perfection, Simplicity, and Immutability
• THE DVD: The Privileged Planet
Check out Jay's view on The Grand Design, and his debate with Christopher Hitchens.
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, January 24, 2011
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Apologist Interview: Alister McGrath
- Sunday Quote: Paul Copan on Bias
- Two Apologetics Blogs to Follow
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/21 - 01/28)
- Ken Samples New Blog: Reflections
- Clay Jones Interview: The Crusades - part 2
- The Ehrman Project: Resources Answering Bart Ehrma...
- Apologist Interview: Jay Richards
- Sunday Quote: Michael Green on Bias
- A Fine-Tuned Universe: Science, Theology and the Q...
- Norman Geisler Podcast
- Clay Jones Interview: The Crusades - part 1
- Did Christianity Steal from Mystery Religions? MP3...
- Francis Schaeffer Lecture Collection
- Sunday Quote: Nancy Pearcey on the Gospel
- New Apologetics Event Calendar
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/07 - 01/14)
- Did God Create the Universe? MP3 by Hugh Ross
- Featured Podcast: Overflow Today
- Apologist Interview: Paul Copan - Is God a Moral M...
- God, the Universe & Stephen Hawking by John Lennox...
- Sunday Quote: Austin Farrer on Reasonable Faith
- Is God a Moral Monster? Theology Unplugged Intervi...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/17 - 01/07)
- Arrogant Christianity? MP3 Audio by Tom Gilson
- God Questions: An Atheist & Christian Dialogue
- Refutation of Zeitgeist MP3 Audio
- Sunday Quote: Tim Keller on Doubting Your Doubts
- Best Bible Reading Plans for 2011
- ▼ January (29)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)