Dr. Craig Blomberg, distinguished professor of New Testament at Denver Seminary in Colorado. He talks about how he got into NT studies, the importance of the Gospels and their dating, how we determine the authorship of the Gospels, how we got four Gospels and not more, the selection of the Gospel canon, the use of non-canonical sources, dealing with miracles account found in historical documents, responding to the claim of contradictions in the Gospels, interpreting historical documents, differences in the Gospel of John, the work and impact of Bart Ehrman, the "all-or-nothing" approach to reliability of scripture, dealing with prophetic passages by Jesus, and advice to Christian apologists.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (53 min)
Books by Craig Blomberg include:
• The Historical Reliability of the Gospels
• Jesus and the Gospels: An Introduction and Survey
• A Handbook of New Testament Exegesis
• Interpreting the Parables
• Making Sense of the New Testament: Three Crucial Questions
Monday, February 28, 2011
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Apologist Interview: Craig Blomberg
- Sunday Quote: Allan Sandage on Design
- Book Review: Five Sacred Crossings by Craig Hazen
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/18 - 02/25)
- New Podcast: Fallacy Friday by Matthew Flannagan
- John Lennox & Peter Atkins in Dialogue Video/Audio...
- Featured Website: One-Minute Apologist
- Terminology Tuesday: Ethical Terms
- Apologist Interview: Hugh Ross
- Sunday Quote: Bradley Monton on Methodological Nat...
- Joe Boot vs. Clare Rowson: Does God Exist? Debate ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/11 - 02/18)
- Featured Resource: Apologetics Press
- Has Science Made Belief in God Unreasonable? MP3 A...
- William Lane Craig's Recommended Apologetics Books...
- Terminology Tuesday: Ethical Naturalism
- Apologist Interview: Fazale Rana
- Sunday Quote: Ravi Zacharias on Jesus
- Online Apologetics Conference 2011
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/04 - 02/11)
- Dangers of the Lazy Apologist: MP3 by John Lennox
- Worldview 101: Worldview Training Camp for Teens
- William Lane Craig vs. George Williamson Debate Au...
- Terminology Tuesday: Paradigm
- Pro-Life Interview: Scott Klusendorf
- Sunday Quote: Irenaeus on Error
- Featured Podcast: Christian Persuaders
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/28 - 02/04)
- History of the Crusades with Matt Philipps MP3
- Clay Jones Interview: The Crusades - part 3
- Featured Blog: EPS Blog
- Terminology Tuesday: Falsifiability
- ▼ February (32)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (223)