Peter Kreeft, professor of philosophy at Boston College and at the King's College, in New York City. He talks about his background and influences, his view of philosophy and theology, why we should learn logic (and his logic textbook), etiquette in evaluating arguments, Socratic method & dialogue, caring for the soul, dealing with difficult and loaded questions, preparation for apologetics dialogue (it's not just study), cultivating integrity and character, advice for being a life-long learner, and using literature in apologetics.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (33 min)
Among Kreeft's over 60 books are these recommended titles:
• Handbook of Christian Apologetics
• Pocket Handbook of Christian Apologetics
• Socratic Logic
• A Refutation of Moral Relativism
• Heaven, the Heart's Deepest Longing
• Jesus Shock
Note: This interview does not endorse a Roman Catholic position.
Monday, April 25, 2011
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Book Review: Kingdom of the Cults by Walter Martin...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/22 - 04/29)
- Fallacy Friday: Ad Misericordiam (Appeal to Pity)
- Undesigned Coincidences in the Gospels by Tim McGr...
- You Can't Take the Bible Literally by Dirk Jongkin...
- Terminology Tuesday: Logical Positivism
- Apologist Interview: Peter Kreeft
- Sunday Quote: Thomas Arnold on the Resurrection
- Resurrection of Jesus: Interview with Gary Haberma...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/15 - 04/22)
- Fallacy Friday: Petitio Principii (Begging the Que...
- Critical Thinking Online Training
- European Leadership Workshops and Seminars Audio
- Terminology Tuesday: Pluralism
- Apologist Interview: Lee Strobel
- Sunday Quote: Hudson Taylor on Hardness of Heart
- Book Review: Reasoning from the Scriptures with Mu...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/08 - 04/15)
- Fallacy Friday: False Cause & Post Hoc, Ergo Propt...
- The Question of Miracles: Interview with Craig Kee...
- Christianity & the Tooth Fairy: John Lennox Audio
- Terminology Tuesday: Supererogation
- Apologist Interview: Jay Smith
- Sunday Quote: Francis Schaeffer on Morality
- Evidence for the Resurrection with Michael Licona
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/01 - 04/08)
- William Lane Craig vs. Sam Harris Debate Audio
- Fallacy Friday: Division and Composition
- Peter J. Williams Interview on Gospel Reliability
- Robert Bowman Apologetics Audio
- Terminology Tuesday: Confucianism
- Apologist Interview: Robert M. Bowman
- Sunday Quote: C.S. Lewis on Eternity
- Book Review: World Religions by Warren Matthews
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/25 - 04/01)
- Fallacy Friday: Tu Quoque (But you did it too!)
- ▼ April (36)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (222)