Sunday, July 10, 2011
A person who gives up on the historical foundations of our faith has in fact given up on the possibility of any real continuity between his or her own faith and that of a Peter, Paul, James, John, Mary Magdalene, or Priscilla. The first Christian community had a strong interest in historical reality, especially the historical reality of Jesus and his resurrection, because they believed their faith, for better or for worse, was grounded in it.”
- Ben Witherington
New Testament History, pg 167 [HT:Eric... again]
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Sunday Quote: A.B. Bruce on Apologetics
- 12 Favorite Blog Posts at Apologetics 315
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/22 - 07/29)
- Interview: Sean McDowell on GodQuest
- God, Evolution and Intelligent Design with Jay Ric...
- Center for the Study of New Testament Manuscripts ...
- Author Interview: Clifford Williams
- Sunday Quote: James Sire on Apologetics
- GiveAway: Thinking About God by Gregory E. Ganssle...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/15 - 07/22)
- Featured Blog: The Poached Egg
- New Atheism, Science & Morality by Glenn Peoples
- Apologetics and Worldview Homeschool Curriculum
- Apologist Interview Suggestions
- Sunday Quote: Jaroslov Pelikan on Atheism & Agnost...
- Jay Smith & Shabir Ally Debate: Islam or Christian...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/08 - 07/15)
- Wicca & the Occult Interview with Craig Hawkins
- How to Interpret the Bible by Wayne Grudem
- Blaise Pascal Audio Series by Ken Samples
- Interview: Tony Watkins of CultureWatch
- Sunday Quote: Ben Witherington on the Historical R...
- Scientists of Faith
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/01 - 07/08)
- Will Richard Dawkins Debate William Lane Craig?
- Resources on Rob Bell & Hell
- William Lane Craig vs. AC Grayling Debate: The Pro...
- Apologist Interview: David Wood
- Sunday Quote: Francis Schaeffer on Presuppositions...
- Biola Distance Certificate in Apologetics: Review ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (06/24 - 07/01)
- Six Summer Reading Selections
- ▼ July (32)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)