Wednesday, September 28, 2011
Well, here's a tip: you can watch Youtube videos at faster speeds. 1.5x speed and 2x speed! Yes, that means you can watch a 2-hour debate in 1 hour.
According to wikipedia, a comfortable rate of speech for an audiobook is 150-160 words per minute. However, many people can listen with full comprehension at 300 words per minute. So unless you have trouble processing material you may not be very familiar with, you may want to save yourself some time and listen at 1.5x or 2x with some material.
So here's how to watch youtube videos at a faster speed. Go to www.youtube.com/html5. Scroll down to the bottom of the page and click the link that says "Join the HTML5 trial." Once you have clicked that link, all videos you play in Youtube will not play with flash, but will play with HTML5. That will enable a speed setting on the video player control bar. Just click it to select your listening speed. Now you don't have to waste so much time on Youtube.
Why not try it out on the DrCraigVideos channel!
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/23 - 09/30)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch04
- Featured Ministry: Christian Thinkers Society
- How to Watch Youtube Videos Faster (2x speed)
- Terminology Tuesday: Supposition
- Apologist Interview: Mark Mittelberg
- William Wilberforce on Defending the Faith
- Book Review: Faith, Hope and Poetry: Theology and ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/16 - 09/23)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch03
- Scott Klusendorf vs. Nadine Strossen Debate: Abort...
- Love God with All Your Mind MP3 by J.P. Moreland
- Terminology Tuesday: Dualism
- Apologist Interview: Andrew Fellows
- Peter Kreeft on the Truth of the Gospels
- Book Review: Doing Philosophy as a Christian
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/09 - 09/16)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch02
- Featured Website: BeSpeaking
- Online Academy of Apologetics 2011-12
- Terminology Tuesday: Monotheism
- Apologist Interview: Anthony Horvath
- C.S. Lewis on Books by Christians
- Resources on the Problem of Evil
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/02 - 09/09)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch01
- William Lane Craig in the UK October 2011
- Slavery in the Bible: Articles & Audio
- Terminology Tuesday: Modalism
- Author Interview: Douglas Groothuis
- Alister McGrath on Christianity Misunderstood
- Book Review: On Jesus by Douglas Groothuis
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/26 - 09/02)
- Read Along with Apologetics315
- Are the New Testament Gospels Reliable? MP3 Series...
- ▼ September (35)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (223)