John Warwick Montgomery, Emeritus Professor of Law and Humanities, University of Bedfordshire, England, Distinguished Research Professor of Apologetics and Christian Thought, Patrick Henry College, Virginia., and Director of the International Academy of Apologetics, Evangelism & Human Rights in Strasbourg, France.
He talks about how he became a Christian and became a defender of the faith, the thinkers and authors that have been most influential for him, his approach to apologetics (evidentialism) and why he takes it, the traditional proofs for God's existence (are they needed?), taking a legal approach to the case for Christianity, the meaning of burden of proof and its proper use, the concept of "beyond reasonable doubt," how to defend the resurrection of Christ historically, making a concise case, the two most common objections to the resurrection, answering the textual claims of Bart Ehrman, spiritual and intellectual disciplines for the apologist, pitfalls to avoid, advice for apologists, the International Academy of Apologetics, recommended books, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio (53 min)
The top two books (of his 50+) that Montgomery recommends:
1. Tractatus Logico Theologicus 2. History, Law and Christianity
The International Academy of Apologetics in Strasbourg, France. (PDF)
Various audio by JWM (and critiques of Bart Ehrman). And more...
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, October 10, 2011
- ► 2015 (70)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Heads for Men and Hearts for Women?
- International Society of Women in Apologetics
- Sir Robert Anderson on Reason and Truth
- Book Review: The Case for Life by Scott Klusendorf...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/21 - 10/28)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch08
- William Lane Craig vs. Peter Millican Debate Audio...
- William Lane Craig vs. Michael Tooley: Is God Real...
- Terminology Tuesday: Objectivity
- Apologist Interview: Nabeel Qureshi
- Douglas Groothuis on the Biblical Worldview
- Book Review: Hidden Treasures in the Book of Job
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/14 - 10/21)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch07
- Video Interviews with Craig A. Evans
- Read Along with Apologetics315: Chapter Index for ...
- William Lane Craig vs. Stephen Law: Does God Exist...
- Terminology Tuesday: Categorical Imperative
- Apologist Interview: Craig A. Evans
- Douglas Groothuis on Christianity's Claims
- Book Review: Why God Won’t Go Away: Is the New Ath...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/07 - 10/14)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch06
- Video Interview with Brian Auten on Apologetics
- Greg Koukl vs John Baker Debate: Do Moral Truths E...
- Terminology Tuesday: Holism
- Apologist Interview: John Warwick Montgomery
- Peter Kreeft on Moral Relativism
- Book Review: Exploring the Origins of the Bible ed...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/30 - 10/07)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch05
- Is God Necessary for Morality? by William Lane Cra...
- There's Probably No Dawkins
- Terminology Tuesday: Abduction
- Apologist Interview: Jeremiah J. Johnston
- C.S. Lewis on Christianity
- Book Review: More Than Matter? by Keith Ward
- ▼ October (37)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)