Alvin Plantinga, emeritus John A. O'Brien Professor of Philosophy at the University of Notre Dame. He talks about his background and how he got into philosophy, theistic arguments (for two dozen or so, see here) and some he'd like to see worked on (the argument from evil & the argument from abstract objects), the use of the ontological argument, how he would speak to other about the faith, his view on the use of arguments for convincing others, properly basic belief, the proper function of his A/C, the shift toward theism in philosophy, reading recommendations for up-and-coming philosophers, study and reading habits, character traits for the Christian philosopher, topics he'd like to see Christian philosophers tackle, advice on apologetics, his latest book, Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, and Naturalism, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (45 min)
Some of Platinga's books include:
• God and Other Minds
• The Nature of Necessity
• God, Freedom, and Evil
• Warrant and Proper Function
• Warranted Christian Belief
• Where the Conflict Really Lies: Science, Religion, and Naturalism
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, December 05, 2011
- ► 2014 (106)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- Book Review: Knowing Christ Today: Why We Can Trus...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/23 - 12/30)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch16
- 2011 Year in Review: Apologetics 315
- Apologetics Ministries to Support
- Terminology Tuesday: Internal Testimony of the Spi...
- Merry Christmas from Apologetics 315!
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/16 - 12/23)
- Can We Trust the Bible? Audio by Craig Blomberg
- Terminology Tuesday: Immortality
- Apologist Interview: Peter S. Williams
- Graham Stanton on the Significance of Jesus
- Book Review: Aquinas by Edward Feser
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/09 - 12/16)
- Christopher Hitchens: 13 April 1949 – 15 Dec 2011
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch15
- Christmas Book Giveaway
- Debate: Walter Martin vs Madalyn Murray O’Hair
- Terminology Tuesday: Creatio Ex Nihilo
- 10 Favorite Apologetics Interviews
- Leibniz on the Universe and its Author
- Book Review: A Short History of Atheism by Gavin H...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/02 - 12/09)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch14
- Gospels and Acts as History by Timothy McGrew
- The Top 7 Things You Can't Do as a Moral Relativis...
- Terminology Tuesday: Omnipotence
- Philosopher Interview: Alvin Plantinga
- Galileo on Sense and Reason
- Book Review: The Soul of Science: Christian Faith ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/25 - 12/02)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch13
- 5 Great Apologetics Talks: The Ahmanson Lecture Se...
- ▼ December (33)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (220)