"The disciples had nothing to gain by lying and starting a new religion. They faced hardship, ridicule, hostility, and martyr's deaths. In light of this, they could never have sustained such unwavering motivation if they knew what they were preaching was a lie. The disciples were not fools and Paul was a cool-headed intellectual of the first rank. There would have been several opportunities over three to four decades of ministry to reconsider and renounce a lie."
- J.P. Moreland
Scaling the Secular City, pp. 171-172.
Sunday, January 22, 2012
- ► 2013 (376)
- Terminology Tuesday: Counterfactuals
- Scholar Interview: Peter J. Williams
- C.S. Lewis on Motivation
- Book Review: The Christ Files by John Dickson
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/20 - 01/27)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch20
- Ehrman's Problem: A Critique by Clay Jones
- Michael Licona vs Shane Puckett Debate: Did Jesus ...
- Terminology Tuesday: Foundationalism
- Interview with Apologetics UK
- J.P. Moreland on the Testimony of the Disciples
- Book Review: Fabricating Jesus by Craig Evans
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/13 - 01/20)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch19
- William Lane Craig's Cambridge Union Society Debat...
- Is What We Have Now What They Wrote Then? Audio an...
- Terminology Tuesday: Divine Action
- Interview on Intelligent Design: Casey Luskin
- William Lane Craig on Results
- Book Review: Christian Ethics by Norman Geisler
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/06 - 01/13)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch18
- Can Science Inform Our Understanding of God? MP3 S...
- Best Selling Apologetics Books of 2011
- Terminology Tuesday: Necessary Truths
- New Testament Scholar Interview: Daniel B. Wallace...
- Darrell Bock on the Bible
- Book Review: Is God Just a Human Invention? And Se...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/30 - 01/06)
- Read Along: Christian Apologetics Ch17
- Doubt: RZIM Conference Audio
- 10 Pitfalls of the Foolish Apologist
- Terminology Tuesday: Criticism
- Craig Keener Interview on Miracles
- C.S. Lewis on the Meaning of Morality
- ▼ January (35)
- ► 2011 (412)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (222)