Ben Witherington has an excellent course over at BiblicalTraining.org on New Testament Introduction. This is a 17-part audio series, with each lecture over an hour long. The course covers 5 main subject areas: 1) the history of the period in which the NT was written; 2) the social and cultural milieu in which early Christians lived; 3) the practice of the scholarly study of the NT; 4) questions of introduction about the books of the NT; and 5) the practice of exegesis and hermeneutics. Definitely worth examining, along with the other great resources provided by BiblicalTraining.org.
Check out New Testament Introduction here.
Wednesday, April 18, 2012
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Philosopher Interview: R. Scott Smith
- Michael Green on the Evidence for Christianity
- Book Review: Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reali...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/20 - 04/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 5—How Did the Universe Begin?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Why Apolo...
- William Lane Craig vs Klemens Kappel: Does God Exi...
- Ticket GiveAway: Unbelievable Conference 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Doxastic Voluntarism
- Philosopher Interview: Robin Collins
- Robert Jenkin on Christian Martyrs
- Book Review: Written on the Heart: The Case for Na...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/13 - 04/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 4—Is Darwinian Evolution the O...
- The Resurrection of Jesus by Tim McGrew
- New Testament Introduction Series by Ben Withering...
- Terminology Tuesday: Testimonium Flavianum
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church: Series 2
- Greg Koukl on Faith, Reason & Rationality
- Book Review: Excellence: The Character of God and ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/06 - 04/13)
- Read Along: Chapter 3—Are Miracles Possible?
- Debate: William Lane Craig & Peter Atkins: Does Go...
- Terminology Tuesday: Predication
- Apologist Interview: Vocab Malone
- Charles Swindoll on the Resurrection
- Review: Why It Doesn't Matter What You Believe If ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/30 - 04/06)
- Read Along: Ch2—Are Science and Christianity at Od...
- Reasons to Believe Conference: London 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Properly Basic Beliefs
- Interview About the 2012 Online Apologetics Confer...
- John Milliken on Apologetics and Story
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)