R. Scott Smith, Associate Professor of Ethics and Christian Apologetics at Biola University (previous interviews here and here). He talks about his latest book, Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reality (review here), defining naturalism, motivations for naturalism, methodological naturalism, ways of viewing reality, Darwinian views, the evolutionary argument against naturalism (similarities/differences), naturalism's ontological resources, some objections to his view, testing religious truth-claims, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio (90 min)
Books by R. Scott Smith include:
• Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reality
• Virtue Ethics and Moral Knowledge
• Truth and the New Kind of Christian: Emerging Effects of Postmodernism in the Church
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, April 30, 2012
- ► 2014 (123)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Philosopher Interview: R. Scott Smith
- Michael Green on the Evidence for Christianity
- Book Review: Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reali...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/20 - 04/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 5—How Did the Universe Begin?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Why Apolo...
- William Lane Craig vs Klemens Kappel: Does God Exi...
- Ticket GiveAway: Unbelievable Conference 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Doxastic Voluntarism
- Philosopher Interview: Robin Collins
- Robert Jenkin on Christian Martyrs
- Book Review: Written on the Heart: The Case for Na...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/13 - 04/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 4—Is Darwinian Evolution the O...
- The Resurrection of Jesus by Tim McGrew
- New Testament Introduction Series by Ben Withering...
- Terminology Tuesday: Testimonium Flavianum
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church: Series 2
- Greg Koukl on Faith, Reason & Rationality
- Book Review: Excellence: The Character of God and ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/06 - 04/13)
- Read Along: Chapter 3—Are Miracles Possible?
- Debate: William Lane Craig & Peter Atkins: Does Go...
- Terminology Tuesday: Predication
- Apologist Interview: Vocab Malone
- Charles Swindoll on the Resurrection
- Review: Why It Doesn't Matter What You Believe If ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/30 - 04/06)
- Read Along: Ch2—Are Science and Christianity at Od...
- Reasons to Believe Conference: London 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Properly Basic Beliefs
- Interview About the 2012 Online Apologetics Confer...
- John Milliken on Apologetics and Story
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2011 (397)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (337)
- ► 2008 (220)