Robin Collins, professor of philosophy at Messiah College. His training is in physics and in philosophy and he is a leading advocate for using the fine-tuning of the universe as a design argument for theism. He talks about his background and training, the fine-tuning argument, the different types of fine-tuning with examples and illustrations (laws, constants and initial conditions), two different ways of presenting the fine-tuning argument, answering common objections to the argument, the uniqueness of life, variations of the multiverse hypothesis, the failure of multiverse theory to explain away fine-tuning, objections to Victor Stenger, upcoming books, simplifying the fine-tuning argument for practical use, common mistakes when presenting the argument, the most common objection (who designed God?), and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (82 min)
Closer to Truth videos with Robin Collins here.
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, April 23, 2012
- ► 2014 (106)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Philosopher Interview: R. Scott Smith
- Michael Green on the Evidence for Christianity
- Book Review: Naturalism and Our Knowledge of Reali...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/20 - 04/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 5—How Did the Universe Begin?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Why Apolo...
- William Lane Craig vs Klemens Kappel: Does God Exi...
- Ticket GiveAway: Unbelievable Conference 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Doxastic Voluntarism
- Philosopher Interview: Robin Collins
- Robert Jenkin on Christian Martyrs
- Book Review: Written on the Heart: The Case for Na...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/13 - 04/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 4—Is Darwinian Evolution the O...
- The Resurrection of Jesus by Tim McGrew
- New Testament Introduction Series by Ben Withering...
- Terminology Tuesday: Testimonium Flavianum
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church: Series 2
- Greg Koukl on Faith, Reason & Rationality
- Book Review: Excellence: The Character of God and ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/06 - 04/13)
- Read Along: Chapter 3—Are Miracles Possible?
- Debate: William Lane Craig & Peter Atkins: Does Go...
- Terminology Tuesday: Predication
- Apologist Interview: Vocab Malone
- Charles Swindoll on the Resurrection
- Review: Why It Doesn't Matter What You Believe If ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/30 - 04/06)
- Read Along: Ch2—Are Science and Christianity at Od...
- Reasons to Believe Conference: London 2012
- Terminology Tuesday: Properly Basic Beliefs
- Interview About the 2012 Online Apologetics Confer...
- John Milliken on Apologetics and Story
- ▼ April (33)
- ► 2011 (398)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (220)