Today is part ONE of a two-part interview with Alex McFarland, Director of Worldview Studies at North Greenville University. He is an author, apologist, and speaker on religion and culture, talk show host of the "Explore the Word" Radio Program, the Sound Rezn radio program, and more. He talks about his background and how he got into apologetics, the importance of apologetics in youth ministry, the Truth for a New Generation Apologetics Conference, defining apologetics and its role in the local church, opening doors in the local church, how to get better educated formally in apologetics, schools with apologetics programs, and more. For conference info, see www.truthforanewgeneration.com.
Full Part 1 Interview MP3 Audio here (47min)
Books by Alex include:
• 10 Answers for Skeptics
• 10 Most Common Objections to Christianity
• 10 Questions Every Christian Must Answer
• Stand Strong: In College
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, July 16, 2012
- ► 2014 (115)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Thinker Profile: David Hume
- Apologist Interview: Dave Sterrett
- Antony Flew on Multiverse Theory
- Book Review: Heresy: A History of Defending the Tr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/20 - 07/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 18— Why Jesus Instead of the F...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: When Apol...
- Why Does God Allow Tragedy and Suffering?
- Terminology Tuesday: Sin
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 2)
- C.S. Lewis on the Question of Truth
- Book Review: Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Chr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/13 - 07/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 17— What Good Is Christianity?...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Implement...
- Lectures on the Canon by Michael J. Kruger
- Terminology: Reconciliation
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 1)
- Charles Spurgeon on the Gospel
- Book Review: Reading God's World: The Scientific V...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/06 - 07/13)
- Read Along: Ch 16—Is Evil Only a Problem for Chris...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Questions...
- Douglas Jacoby vs Richard Carrier Debate: Jesus—So...
- Terminology Tuesday: Propitiation
- Philosopher Interview: Richard Swinburne
- Daniel B. Wallace on the New Testament Documents
- Book Review: On the Meaning of Sex by J. Budziszew...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (06/29 - 07/06)
- Read Along: Ch 15—Can People Be Good Without God?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Evangelis...
- Do the Gospels Contradict? by Michael Licona
- Terminology Tuesday: Retribution
- Author Interview: David Glass
- William Dembski on Chance
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2011 (398)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (220)