Richard Swinburne. He is an Emeritus Professor of Philosophy at the University of Oxford. Over the last 50 years Swinburne has been a proponent of philosophical arguments for the existence of God. He talks about his background, the changes in Christian philosophy in the past decades, the goal for the Christian philosopher, defending and advocating Christianity, his approach to arguing for the existence of God, challenges to Christianity, answering the problem of evil & suffering, his advice to Christian defenders, and more.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (48 min)
Books by Richard Swinburne include:
• The Coherence of Theism
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, July 09, 2012
- ► 2014 (131)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Thinker Profile: David Hume
- Apologist Interview: Dave Sterrett
- Antony Flew on Multiverse Theory
- Book Review: Heresy: A History of Defending the Tr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/20 - 07/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 18— Why Jesus Instead of the F...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: When Apol...
- Why Does God Allow Tragedy and Suffering?
- Terminology Tuesday: Sin
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 2)
- C.S. Lewis on the Question of Truth
- Book Review: Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Chr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/13 - 07/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 17— What Good Is Christianity?...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Implement...
- Lectures on the Canon by Michael J. Kruger
- Terminology: Reconciliation
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 1)
- Charles Spurgeon on the Gospel
- Book Review: Reading God's World: The Scientific V...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/06 - 07/13)
- Read Along: Ch 16—Is Evil Only a Problem for Chris...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Questions...
- Douglas Jacoby vs Richard Carrier Debate: Jesus—So...
- Terminology Tuesday: Propitiation
- Philosopher Interview: Richard Swinburne
- Daniel B. Wallace on the New Testament Documents
- Book Review: On the Meaning of Sex by J. Budziszew...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (06/29 - 07/06)
- Read Along: Ch 15—Can People Be Good Without God?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Evangelis...
- Do the Gospels Contradict? by Michael Licona
- Terminology Tuesday: Retribution
- Author Interview: David Glass
- William Dembski on Chance
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2011 (392)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (337)
- ► 2008 (219)