1. Stanley J. Grenz, David Guretzki & Cherith Fee Nordling, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), p. 100.
Tuesday, July 17, 2012
Reconciliation: A change in relationship or attitude from enmity to peace; the cessation of hostility in attitude or action. Reconciliation is a central doctrine of Christianity. Specifically, in Christ God reconciled the sinful, hostile world to himself by Christ's taking upon himself the cost of our hostility and enmity, thereby setting the world free to restored union with God (2 Cor 5:19). The foundational assumption of the gospel is that only God can bear and remove the consequences of human enmity toward God and the resulting separation from God; therefore God alone can effect this change in relationship.1
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Thinker Profile: David Hume
- Apologist Interview: Dave Sterrett
- Antony Flew on Multiverse Theory
- Book Review: Heresy: A History of Defending the Tr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/20 - 07/27)
- Read Along: Chapter 18— Why Jesus Instead of the F...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: When Apol...
- Why Does God Allow Tragedy and Suffering?
- Terminology Tuesday: Sin
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 2)
- C.S. Lewis on the Question of Truth
- Book Review: Come Let Us Reason: New Essays in Chr...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/13 - 07/20)
- Read Along: Chapter 17— What Good Is Christianity?...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Implement...
- Lectures on the Canon by Michael J. Kruger
- Terminology: Reconciliation
- Apologist Interview: Alex McFarland (part 1)
- Charles Spurgeon on the Gospel
- Book Review: Reading God's World: The Scientific V...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/06 - 07/13)
- Read Along: Ch 16—Is Evil Only a Problem for Chris...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Questions...
- Douglas Jacoby vs Richard Carrier Debate: Jesus—So...
- Terminology Tuesday: Propitiation
- Philosopher Interview: Richard Swinburne
- Daniel B. Wallace on the New Testament Documents
- Book Review: On the Meaning of Sex by J. Budziszew...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (06/29 - 07/06)
- Read Along: Ch 15—Can People Be Good Without God?
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Evangelis...
- Do the Gospels Contradict? by Michael Licona
- Terminology Tuesday: Retribution
- Author Interview: David Glass
- William Dembski on Chance
- ▼ July (35)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)