Ted Turnau. Ted is a college lecturer who teaches Cultural Studies and Religion in Prague, Czech Republic. His interest is in issues of popular culture, imagination, and how they relate to the Christian faith. He is author of Popologetics: Popular Culture in Christian Perspective. He talks about how he got into apologetics and cultural studies, defining popular culture, the themes in Popologetics, apologetics and popular culture in conversations, thinking deeper than just the "issues," the limits of engaging with culture, wrong ways of interacting with culture, tools for understanding the world view of pieces of popular culture, a theology of popular culture, practical ways of using popular culture as a means of engagement, advice for apologists today, recommended resources for engaging with culture, and much more. Find Ted's Movie Night Kit here. Popologetics preview here.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (57 minutes)
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, August 06, 2012
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/24 - 08/31)
- The Historical Reliability of Acts: Support from E...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: How Churc...
- The Homosexual Question: Sin?
- Thinker Profile: Gottfried Leibniz
- Apologist Interview: Bobby Conway
- Ravi Zacharias on Tolerance
- Book Review: Bioethics and the Christian Life: A G...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/17 - 08/24)
- LDS Video Encyclopedia: Resources on Mormonism
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: An Effect...
- Are You A Former Atheist?
- Thinker Profile: René Descartes
- Will You Help Support Apologetics315?
- Thomas Cooper on Christian Evidences
- Book Review: If God... Then What? by Andrew P. Wil...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/10 - 08/17)
- Advanced Apologetics Workshop
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: So You Wa...
- On Guard Apologetics Conference Videos
- Thinker Profile: Sigmund Freud
- Apologist Interview: Doug Powell
- Keith Ward on the Origin and Nature of the Univers...
- Book Review: God, Philosophy, Universities by Alas...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/03 - 08/10)
- Debate: William Lane Craig vs Andrew Pyle—Does the...
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: How to Or...
- 10 Apologists You Should Invite
- Thinker Profile: Thomas Reid
- Apologist Interview: Ted Turnau
- George Campbell on Evidence for Christianity
- Book Review: Saving Leonardo by Nancy Pearcey
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/27 - 08/03)
- The Next Read Along with Apologetics315
- How to Get Apologetics in Your Church 2: Lessons A...
- Alleged Contradictions in the Gospels by Tim McGre...
- ▼ August (36)
- ► 2011 (384)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (337)
- ► 2008 (219)