Frank Beckwith, Professor of Philosophy and Church-State Studies at Baylor University. He talks about his background, the importance of ethics and church-state issues, the reason for controversy about Christianity and politics, the meaning of "separation between church and state," what the Bible says about politics, how Christians should be engaged politically, thinking about hot-button issues, how to properly argue for issues, factors for evaluating candidates, the importance of voting, his book Politics for Christians: Statecraft as Soulcraft (review here), recommended reading, and advice for apologists.
Full Interview MP3 Audio here (1hr)
Books by Frank Beckwith include:
• Politics for Christians: Statecraft as Soulcraft
• Defending Life: A Moral and Legal Case Against Abortion Choice
• Relativism: Feet Firmly Planted in Mid-Air
Subscribe to the Apologetics 315 Interviews podcast here or in iTunes.
Monday, September 24, 2012
- ► 2015 (74)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Pascal on Jesus Christ and Scripture
- Book Review: The Jesus Scandals by David Instone-B...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/21 - 09/28)
- Tim McGrew's Recommended Apologetics Reading
- Former Atheist Richard Morgan Interview Transcript...
- The Beliefs & Practices of Mormonism MP3 Audio by ...
- Thinker Profile: Aristotle
- Apologist Interview: Francis Beckwith
- Nancy Pearcey on Apologetics Training
- Book Review: 7 Truths that Changed the World by Ke...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/14 - 09/21)
- Critical Thinking: A Christian Essential by Ravi Z...
- Practical Apologetics MP3 by Dr. Timothy McGrew
- Debate: William Lane Craig vs. Paul Kurtz: Goodnes...
- Thinker Profile: Socrates
- Apologist Interview: Kerby Anderson
- Tim Keller on God and Culture
- Book Review: Popologetics: Popular Culture in Chri...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/07- 09/14)
- Featured Resource: Challenge & Response Videos by ...
- Free Ebook: How to Get Apologetics in Your Church ...
- Gary Habermas Interview Transcript
- Thinker Profile: William of Ockham
- Apologist Interview: Michael J. Kruger
- Pascal on God's Hiddenness
- Book Review: Think Christianly: Looking at the Int...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/31 - 09/07)
- How Would the Gospels Look Different If...?
- Challenge: Start a Church Apologetics Group
- Alleged Contradictions in the Gospels (2) by Tim M...
- Thinker Profile: Friedrich Nietzsche
- Apologist Interview: Ranald Macauley
- Francis Schaeffer on Asking for Answers
- Book Review: Hollywood Worldviews by Brian Godawa
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2011 (381)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)