Sunday, September 09, 2012
It was not, then, right that He should appear in a manner manifestly divine, and completely capable of convincing all men; but it was also not right that He should come in so hidden a manner that He could not be known by those who should sincerely seek Him.
He has willed to make himself quite recognizable by those; and thus, willing to appear openly to those who seek Him with all their heart, and to be hidden from those who flee from Him with all their heart. He so regulates the knowledge of Himself that He has given signs of Himself, visible to those who seek Him, and not to those who seek Him not. There is enough light for those who only desire to see, and enough obscurity for those who have a contrary disposition."
- Blaise Pascal, Pensées (430)
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- ► 2013 (376)
- Pascal on Jesus Christ and Scripture
- Book Review: The Jesus Scandals by David Instone-B...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/21 - 09/28)
- Tim McGrew's Recommended Apologetics Reading
- Former Atheist Richard Morgan Interview Transcript...
- The Beliefs & Practices of Mormonism MP3 Audio by ...
- Thinker Profile: Aristotle
- Apologist Interview: Francis Beckwith
- Nancy Pearcey on Apologetics Training
- Book Review: 7 Truths that Changed the World by Ke...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/14 - 09/21)
- Critical Thinking: A Christian Essential by Ravi Z...
- Practical Apologetics MP3 by Dr. Timothy McGrew
- Debate: William Lane Craig vs. Paul Kurtz: Goodnes...
- Thinker Profile: Socrates
- Apologist Interview: Kerby Anderson
- Tim Keller on God and Culture
- Book Review: Popologetics: Popular Culture in Chri...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/07- 09/14)
- Featured Resource: Challenge & Response Videos by ...
- Free Ebook: How to Get Apologetics in Your Church ...
- Gary Habermas Interview Transcript
- Thinker Profile: William of Ockham
- Apologist Interview: Michael J. Kruger
- Pascal on God's Hiddenness
- Book Review: Think Christianly: Looking at the Int...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/31 - 09/07)
- How Would the Gospels Look Different If...?
- Challenge: Start a Church Apologetics Group
- Alleged Contradictions in the Gospels (2) by Tim M...
- Thinker Profile: Friedrich Nietzsche
- Apologist Interview: Ranald Macauley
- Francis Schaeffer on Asking for Answers
- Book Review: Hollywood Worldviews by Brian Godawa
- ▼ September (34)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)