Ontology: The study of being. Ontology is often considered to be equivalent to metaphysics, but some thinkers, such as Martin Heideggar, have viewed ontology as a quest to understand the meaning of being, in contrast with metaphysics as inquiry about specific types of entities.1
1. C.Stephen Evans, Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002), p. 85.
Tuesday, October 30, 2012
- ► 2013 (376)
- Apologetics DVD Curriculums
- Terminology Tuesday: Ontology
- Author Interview: Paul Buller
- Phillip E. Johnson on Darwinian Arguments
- Book Review: Christian Apologetics: An Anthology o...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/19 - 10/26)
- Lee Strobel Interview Transcript
- 36 Purposes of God in Our Suffering
- Michael Licona & Dale Martin: Did Jesus Physically...
- Terminology Tuesday: Metaphysics
- Apologist Interview: David Marshall
- Tim Keller on the Need for Apologetics
- Book Review: Thinking About Christian Apologetics:...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/12 - 10/19)
- Shop at Amazon and Support Apologetics315
- Brian Auten Interviewed on EIE Radio
- 52 Tips for Apologists
- Terminology Tuesday: Inference to the Best Explana...
- Apologist Interview: Douglas Wilson
- Tony Lane on Understanding History
- Book Review: The Grand Weaver by Ravi Zacharias
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (10/05 - 10/12)
- On Guard Apologetics Conference AUDIO
- Debate: Hugh Ross vs. Lewis Wolpert: Is there Evid...
- Mentoring by Greg Koukl: Watch Your Language [MP3]...
- Terminology Tuesday: Epistemology
- Apologist Interview: K. Scott Oliphint
- Hudson Taylor on Hardness of Heart
- Book Review: Christian Contours, by Douglas Huffma...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/28 - 10/05)
- 10 Great Apps for Reading, Listening, & Study
- Craig Keener Interview on Miracles: Transcript
- Apologetics Canada 2012 Conference Videos (and aud...
- Terminology Tuesday: Theodicy
- Apologist Interview: Craig Parton
- ▼ October (35)
- ► 2011 (417)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (223)