Resurrection iWitness by Doug Powell is a book on the resurrection like no other. First, its dimensions make it a foot tall and ten inches wide. This is like a one-inch thick coffee table book, containing 32 pages chock-full of color graphics and text on the resurrection of Jesus. Powell's background as a graphic designer and Christian apologist combine to make this into a very engaging interactive book—practically every page has fold-out notes, maps, diagrams, and other pieces of evidence that build the historical case for the resurrection of Jesus. Here's a video demo.
This is exactly the kind of format that can be appealing and engaging for those not particularly turned on by the idea of text-dense, academic works of apologetics. And this was the experience with this book in my own "field-testing"—it was laid on the desk and nothing was said about it. But it was soon picked up, "wowed over", paged through, and the comments were along the lines of, "this is a great book!"
So if you are looking for a visually engaging way to learn, interact, or share the historical case for the resurrection of Jesus, or a Great Christmas Gift, you might consider Doug Powell's Resurrection iWitness. (And there's even an iPad app version!) And the second book in the series is Jesus iWitness, with the same format, but Jesus iWitness takes you on a visually immersive, interactive tour of his earthly life using vintage photographs of the Holy Land along with richly colored historical paintings
The book winners were Ryan and Dewayne. Congratulations!
Thursday, December 06, 2012
- ► 2014 (140)
- ► 2013 (376)
- 2012 Year in Review: Apologetics 315
- Francis Schaeffer on Christian Relationships
- Book Review: He's Greater Than You Know by Phil We...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/21 - 12/28)
- Merry Christmas from Apologetics 315!
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/14 - 12/21)
- End of Year Support Request
- Historian Paul L. Maier Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Wager Argument
- 2012 Apologetics Interviews
- Morris Bender on Skepticism
- Book Review: Not God's Type by Holly Ordway
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/07 - 12/14)
- Norman Geisler Interview Transcript
- 10 Misconceptions About the NT Canon by Michael Kr...
- Saddleback's Apologetics Weekend on Creation
- Terminology Tuesday: Teleological Argument
- J. Warner Wallace Lectures on Evidence for Christi...
- Richard Graves on the Authenticity and Genuineness...
- Book Review: Jesus and the Eyewitness by Richard B...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (11/30 - 12/07)
- Is God Just a Human Invention?
- Book GiveAway: Jesus iWitness & Resurrection iWitn...
- Craig Blomberg Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Contingency
- Apologist Interview: Douglas Jacoby
- G. K. Chesterton on Atheism
- Book Review: Was Jesus God? by Richard Swinburne
- ▼ December (28)
- ► 2011 (392)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (337)
- ► 2008 (219)