Naturalism, Natural Theology: Naturalism sometimes refers to a form of atheism and materialism that maintains that the "natural" universe (composed of energy and matter and based on natural laws) is the sum total of reality, thereby negating human freedom, absolute values and, ultimately, existential meaning. As an ethical theory naturalism suggests that ethical judgments arise out of or are based in the universe itself or "the ways things naturally are." Natural theology maintains that humans can attain particular knowledge about God through human reason by observing the created order as one locus of divine revelation.1
1. Stanley J. Grenz, David Guretzki & Cherith Fee Nordling, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), p. 82.
Tuesday, January 15, 2013
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- Free: Essential Apologetics PowerPoint Series
- SALT Conference Videos Free Online
- Terminology Tuesday: The Five Ways
- Apologist Interview: John Bloom
- John Elder on Archaeology and the Bible
- 2nd Book Review: Evil: A Guide for the Perplexed
- Review: Evil: A Guide for the Perplexed by Chad Me...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/18 - 01/25)
- Petition: Churches for Apologetics
- Michael Licona Interview Transcript
- God & Arguments from Morality
- Terminology Tuesday: Middle Knowledge
- Tactical Faith Interview: Matthew Burford
- Ravi Zacharias on the Problem of Evil
- Book Review: The Bible Among the Myths by John Osw...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/11 - 01/18)
- SALT Apologetics Conference January 19th & 20th
- Old Testament & the New Atheists: Peter J. William...
- Scott Klusendorf Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Naturalism, Natural Theology
- Apologist Interview: Frank Turek
- William Lane Craig on Apologetics Training
- Book Review: Defending the Faith: Apologetics in W...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/04 - 01/11)
- Free Logic Primer eBook Download
- Best Selling Apologetics Books of 2012
- Michael Patton Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Occam's Razor
- Apologist Interview: J. Warner Wallace
- J. Budziszewski on Agnosticism
- Book Review: Cold-Case Christianity by J. Warner W...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (12/28 - 01/04)
- Interview Transcript: David Instone-Brewer
- Featured Resource: The Logic Classroom
- Michael Licona on Bible Contradictions (MP3)
- Terminology Tuesday: Transcendence
- ▼ January (36)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)