Evidentialism: A method of defending the Christian faith (apologetics) that assumes that data drawn from history and experience (facts) can demonstrate the reasonableness of Christian claims and can therefore help to prepare a person for faith in Christ by removing obstacles to belief. Thus evidentialism attempts to give as much "evidence" as possible to substantiate crucial facts of the Christian faith such as the resurrection of Christ or the historical accuracy of the biblical accounts.1
1. Stanley J. Grenz, David Guretzki & Cherith Fee Nordling, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), p. 48.
Tuesday, February 05, 2013
- J.P. Moreland Interview Transcript
- Unbelievable Conference 2013: London
- Terminology Tuesday: Coherence Theory of Truth
- Apologist Interview: Blake Anderson of Ratio Chris...
- J. Warner Wallace on Evidence
- Book Review: Arguing with Friends by Paul Buller
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/15 - 02/22)
- Book Give Away: The Attributes of God for Children...
- Why is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life? Video by ...
- K. Scott Oliphint Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Presuppositionalism
- Brian Auten Interviewed by Backpack Radio
- Jonathan Morrow on Apologetics for Everyone
- Book Review: An Introduction to the Philosophy of ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/08 - 02/15)
- Online Apologetics Conference 2013
- Ravi Zacharias Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: A posteriori, A priori
- Brian Auten Interviewed by Apologetics.com
- Oswald Chambers on Making Disciples
- Book Review: 10 Answers for Skeptics by Alex McFar...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/01 - 02/08)
- William Lane Craig vs Alex Rosenberg Debate MP3 Au...
- Featured Resource: Open Biola
- Robin Collins Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Evidentialism
- Author Interview: Johnny V. Miller
- Charles Spurgeon on Discernment
- Book Review: Responsibility and Atonement by Richa...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/25 - 02/01)
- Michael Licona Interview Transcript (2)
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (412)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (222)