A posteriori, a priori: Terms used to refer to whether an assertion is dependent on experience (a posteriori) or independent of experience (a priori). For example, if one observes creation and sees in it an organized pattern, it might be concluded a posteriori (i.e., on the basis of observing creation) that God exists as its cause. However, if God's existence can be proved on some basis prior to sense experience, then the existence of God is argued a priori.1
1. Stanley J. Grenz, David Guretzki & Cherith Fee Nordling, Pocket Dictionary of Theological Terms (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 1999), p. 7.
Tuesday, February 12, 2013
- J.P. Moreland Interview Transcript
- Unbelievable Conference 2013: London
- Terminology Tuesday: Coherence Theory of Truth
- Apologist Interview: Blake Anderson of Ratio Chris...
- J. Warner Wallace on Evidence
- Book Review: Arguing with Friends by Paul Buller
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/15 - 02/22)
- Book Give Away: The Attributes of God for Children...
- Why is the Universe Fine-Tuned for Life? Video by ...
- K. Scott Oliphint Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Presuppositionalism
- Brian Auten Interviewed by Backpack Radio
- Jonathan Morrow on Apologetics for Everyone
- Book Review: An Introduction to the Philosophy of ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/08 - 02/15)
- Online Apologetics Conference 2013
- Ravi Zacharias Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: A posteriori, A priori
- Brian Auten Interviewed by Apologetics.com
- Oswald Chambers on Making Disciples
- Book Review: 10 Answers for Skeptics by Alex McFar...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/01 - 02/08)
- William Lane Craig vs Alex Rosenberg Debate MP3 Au...
- Featured Resource: Open Biola
- Robin Collins Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Evidentialism
- Author Interview: Johnny V. Miller
- Charles Spurgeon on Discernment
- Book Review: Responsibility and Atonement by Richa...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (01/25 - 02/01)
- Michael Licona Interview Transcript (2)
- ▼ February (31)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (412)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (222)