Cumulative Case Arguments: Arguments for the existence of God (or some other complex claim) that do not consist of a single decisive argument but rather try to show that God's existence makes more sense than any alternative hypothesis in light of all the available evidence. Richard Swinburne, for example, presented a large number of arguments, none of which has decisive force. But since each argument has some evidential force, the cumulative case is alleged to make the existence of God probable.1
1. C.Stephen Evans, Pocket Dictionary of Apologetics & Philosophy of Religion (Downers Grove, IL: InterVarsity Press, 2002), p. 30.
Tuesday, March 26, 2013
- ► 2014 (117)
- Francis Schaeffer on Apologetics
- Book Review: The Only Wise God by William Lane Cra...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/22 - 03/29)
- Evidence Jesus is Alive by Timothy McGrew
- Casey Luskin Interview Transcript on Intelligent D...
- Apologetics Audiobook Directory
- Terminology Tuesday: Cumulative Case Arguments
- Top Ten Myths About the Resurrection
- C.S. Lewis on Daily Devotion
- Book Review: Science and Human Origins
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/15 - 03/22)
- Jeff Zweerink Interview Transcript
- Eight Issues That Do NOT Make or Break Christianit...
- Featured Resource: Answers for Atheists
- Terminology Tuesday: Principle of Sufficient Reaso...
- Peter S. Williams on C.S. Lewis vs the New Atheist...
- Paul L. Maier on the Empty Tomb
- Review: What is Marriage? Man and Woman: A Defense...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/08 - 03/15)
- The Ontological Argument: Malcolm's Formulation
- David Robertson Interview Transcript
- Sean McDowell vs. James Corbett Debate MP3 Audio
- Terminology Tuesday: God-of-the-Gaps Argument
- Apologist Interview: Ron Rhodes
- John MacArthur on the Resurrection of Jesus
- Book Review: The Christian God by Richard Swinburn...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (03/01 - 03/08)
- Follow Apologetics 315 on Facebook and Twitter
- Frank Turek Interview Transcript
- Reasonable Faith UK Tour 2011 Videos
- Terminology Tuesday: Free Will Defense
- Interview: J. Steve Miller on Near-Death Experienc...
- Charles Spurgeon on Christian Persuasion
- Book Review: The Intolerance of Tolerance by D.A. ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (02/22 - 03/01)
- Advanced Pro-Life Apologetics Course
- ▼ March (36)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (398)
- ► 2010 (394)
- ► 2009 (338)
- ► 2008 (220)