"Tolerance has come to mean that no one is right and no one is wrong and, indeed, the very act of stating that someone else’s views are immoral or incorrect is now taken to be intolerant (of course, from this same point of view, it is all right to be intolerant of those who hold to objectively true moral or religious positions). Once the existence of knowable truth in religion and ethics is denied, authority (the right to be believed and obeyed) gives way to power (the ability to force compliance), reason gives way to rhetoric, the speech writer is replaced by the makeup man, and spirited but civil debate in the culture wars is replaced by politically correct special-interest groups who have nothing left but political coercion to enforce their views on others."
—J. P. Moreland
Love Your God with All Your Mind: The Role of Reason in the Life of the Soul (p. 37). Kindle Edition. [HT: JM]
Sunday, May 26, 2013
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (05/24 - 05/31)
- Read Along: Ch8—Has Science Shown There Is No Soul...
- Video: What is Intelligent Design? by William Demb...
- Robert Bowman Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Exegesis, Eisegesis
- Apologist Interview: Carson Weitnauer
- J.P. Moreland on Tolerance, Religion, and Morality...
- Book Review: Embryo—A Defense of Human Life
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (05/17 - 05/24)
- Read Along: Ch.7—Why is the Universe Just Right fo...
- Forum of Christian Leaders: Apologetics Resources
- Brett Kunkle and Richard Greene Debate: Can We Be ...
- Terminology Tuesday: Natural Law
- Apologist Interview: Michael Ward
- Randy Alcorn on Suffering
- Mind and Cosmos: Why the Neo-Darwinian Conception ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (05/10 - 05/17)
- Read Along: Chapter 6—How Did Life Begin?
- Free: Essential Apologetics PowerPoint Series
- John Dickson Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Empiricism
- J.P. Moreland on Intellectual Virtue
- Review: Mind, Brain and Free Will by Richard Swinb...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (05/03 - 05/10)
- Read Along: Chapter 5—How Did the Universe Begin?
- How to Be a Morally Responsible Skeptic MP3 Audio ...
- The Origin of Life Debate: May 16 in Riverside, CA...
- Terminology Tuesday: Gnosticism
- Ticket Giveaway: Unbelievable? The Conference 2013...
- John Stackhouse on the Centrality of Christ
- Book Review: A Basic Guide to Interpreting the Bib...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (04/26 - 05/03)
- Read Along: Chapter 4—Is Darwinian Evolution the O...
- Richard Dawkins Interviewed by Justin Brierley MP3...
- Keep Your Heart With All Diligence - MP3 Audio by ...
- ▼ May (35)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)