Polemics: The art of disputation or controversy (the defense of a thesis by formal logic). A polemic can also be the aggressive refutation of another position or principle. In theology polemics often refers to the attempt to show the superiority of Christian teaching over its rivals by means of a systematic, ordered delineation of the Christian belief system (systematic theology) that shows the internal consistency of Christian doctrine as well as its congruence with human knowledge as a whole.1
Tuesday, August 06, 2013
- ► 2015 (73)
- ► 2014 (151)
- Review: Why the Universe Is the Way It Is by Hugh ...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/23 - 08/30)
- Why Should Christians Study Philosophy? by Peter ...
- Persuasive Debating Video by David Robertson
- Michael Behe Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Panentheism
- Interview: Robert B. Stewart
- Johannes Kepler on God and Science
- Review: The Philosophical Challenge of Religious D...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/16 - 08/23)
- An Illustrated Book of Bad Arguments
- Free: Essential Apologetics PowerPoint Series
- John Frame Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Irenics
- John Stott on the Role of Knowledge in the Christi...
- Book Review: Inerrancy and Worldview by Vern Poyth...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/09 - 08/16)
- Matthew Flannagan Interview Transcript
- Why Trust the Gospels? Video by Peter J. Williams
- Terminology Tuesday: Ethics
- Apologist Interview: John Stewart
- John Lennox on God and Reason
- Review: Warrant and Proper Function by Alvin Plant...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/02 - 08/09)
- Read Along: Chapter 18— Why Jesus Instead of the F...
- Andrew Fellows Interview Transcript
- 5 Common Objections to the Moral Argument
- Terminology Tuesday: Polemics
- Interview with Phil Fernandes on Apologetic Preach...
- Bart Ehrman on the Historicity of Jesus
- Book Review: The Bible Among the Myths by John Osw...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/26 - 08/02)
- Read Along: Chapter 17— What Good Is Christianity?...
- Apologetics Toolkit: Advice for Apologists from th...
- ▼ August (34)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (381)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)