Sunday, September 29, 2013
Now the weakness of these opinions may be shewn by observing the suppositions on which they are founded: which are really such as these; that it cannot be thought God would have bestowed any favour at all upon us, unless in the degree, which, we think, He might, and which, we imagine, would be most to our particular advantage; and also that it cannot be thought He would bestow a favour upon any, unless He bestowed the same upon all: suppositions, which we find contradicted, not by a few instances of God’s natural government of the world, but by the general analogy of Nature together.
—Joseph Butler, The Analogy of Religion (London: Macmillan and Co., 1900), Part II, chapter 6, p. 203.
[HT: The Library of Historical Apologetics]
- ► 2015 (77)
- ► 2014 (151)
- Apologist Interview: Abdu Murray
- Joseph Butler on the Supposed Deficiency in the Ev...
- Book Review: What Every Christian Needs To Know Ab...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/20 - 09/27)
- Josh McDowell Conference 2013
- Terminology Tuesday: Just War Theory
- Apologist Interview: Amy Orr-Ewing
- J.C. Ryle on Godly Living
- Book Review: Near-Death Experiences as Evidence fo...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/13 - 09/20)
- Apologetics Event Calendar
- Craig Evans Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Thomism
- Apologist Interview: Everett Piper
- Charles Leslie: How unreasonable to reject these f...
- Book Review: God's Not Dead by Rice Broocks
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (09/06 - 09/13)
- Unbelievable? The Conference 2013 VIDEOS Online
- New CrossExamined Apologetics App
- Greg Koukl Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Quest of the Historical Jesus...
- Why Telling Your Story is NOT the Best Way to Shar...
- Irenaeus on Intelligent Design
- Review: Covenantal Apologetics by K. Scott Oliphin...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (08/30 - 09/06)
- 6 Enemies of Apologetic Engagement by Doug Groothu...
- William Lane Craig & Lawrence Krauss Debate Video:...
- David Wood Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Postmodernism
- Apologist Interview: Donald Johnson
- Sir Isaac Newton on the Supreme Being
- ▼ September (31)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (372)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)