here and here.) The goal: group book study and discussion, one chapter at a time. This will be a Thursday feature, starting on August 7, 2014. So you have one week to order your copy of the book. (Or the Kindle version.)
We'll be reading: The Gospel in the Marketplace of Ideas: Paul's Mars Hill Experience for Our Pluralistic World by Paul Copan and Kenneth D. Litwak.
This book seeks to embolden the church’s witness in today’s society by showing how Paul's speech to the Athenians (found in Acts 17) provides a practical model for Christians today. The authors encourage Christians to "be more biblically informed, culturally astute, and creatively engaged to winsomely challenge the idols of our time and to point contemporary Athenians beyond ‘an unknown God’ to the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ."
Each week an audio intro for each chapter by Paul Copan will be provided, along with a brief synopsis and study questions. You’ll also be able to connect with others readers here in the comments on Apologetics 315, or on the Christian Apologetics Alliance Facebook page. And stay tuned for more upcoming features as we read along.
Are you ready to take the Read Along challenge?
Grab the book and get ready to start Chapter One next week!
Wednesday, July 30, 2014
- ► 2015 (77)
- Read Along with Apologetics315!
- Terminology Tuesday: Simplicity
- Sunday Quote: Francis Bacon on Study
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/18 - 07/25)
- Matt Slick Interview Transcript
- Terminology Tuesday: Logical Positivism
- Sunday Quote: Francis Schaeffer on Truth
- Book Review: Navigating Genesis: A Scientist's Jou...
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (07/11 - 07/18)
- Bobby Conway Interview Transcript
- Weekly Apologetics Bonus Links (06/27 - 07/04)
- Terminology Tuesday: Pluralism
- ▼ July (12)
- ► 2013 (376)
- ► 2012 (413)
- ► 2011 (376)
- ► 2010 (393)
- ► 2009 (336)
- ► 2008 (219)